The Adelaide International can confirm that Nick Kyrgios will not compete in the second week of the tournament. The event is clearly disappointed with this decision as are the fans who support it, but injuries do happen and health is always the priority.
The Adelaide International wishes Nick Kyrgios the best of luck and a speedy recovery, understanding the importance of preparing for the Australian Open. You are welcome back to Adelaide International at any time. Alistair MacDonald, Adelaide International Tournament Director, has officially confirmed that Nick Kyrgios will not be playing in Adelaide next week.
“We know that the Adelaide International was a key event for Nick and I know that he is disappointed not to be able to play in Adelaide this year. We wish him the best for the Australian Open.” “The Adelaide International has become a key Australian Open entry event for many players.
This reflects the field that includes 16 of the top 20 women next week. We wish him the best in his preparation for the Australian Open and hope he recovers in time.” “The fan support and atmosphere at The Drive so far has been phenomenal and we want to keep that momentum going throughout the event.
The feedback from the players about the welcome they are receiving is something really special, in a way that only Adelaide can provide.” Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Adelaide hosted two ATP 250 events during the Australian summer of 2022.
The first is the Adelaide International 1, which was played from January 3 to 9. This event was first held in Adelaide in 2020, where Andrey Rublev won.
Bonzi speaks about Kyrgios
World No. 60 Benjamin Bonzi believes the pace at which Nick Kyrgios plays is a highly impressive part of his game and makes him a unique challenge on the court compared to many others.
“Nick (Kyrgios) is kind of impressive on the court. He takes a lot of pace,” Benjamin Bonzi said in response to Sportskeeda during a press conference at the 2023 Tata Open Maharashtra. “It was a pretty good experience, it was close to a final set.”
Craig Tiley stated in an interview that he had spoken with Nick Kyrgios prior to his withdrawal from mixed team competition. “We had discussions with Nick. He made this decision as a precautionary measure, as directed, to protect his ankle ahead of the Australian Open,” the Tennis Australia skipper said on TODAY, who then continued with this story: “We believe he gave himself the best chance possible, maximizing the time until he was allowed to withdraw from the event.”